WHICH ONE OF THIS BEST SOLUTIONS WE CHOOSE ?


Nutritional Profile for Fat Loss and Muscle Gain



I get asked on occasion on what kind of diet I have, how I can keep up my protein intake without eating meat, and how to eat healthy while eating enough to build muscle mass. I have my own personal approach - based on an intermittent fasting protocol - which is very "green" and healthy, but also relatively inexpensive. I'm not saying that I have discovered or can preach a one size fits all diet, which is impossible. We all have different needs, goals, metabolism, and physiological responses to food.

My general nutritional protocol is as follows:

16 hour fast / 8 hour feeding period

Feeding period usually starts at noon or 1pm, with a small lunch, and usually ends at 8 or 9pm

Coffee in the morning, with a little bit of creamer

Lunch - usually 6 boiled eggs or 4 scrambled eggs with shredded cheese and sliced jalapenos

Mid-afternoon - 2 organic energy bars

Dinner - always a vegetarian dinner with a "variety of colors". I keep it moderate (around 800 calories) if I take it before a workout, then wait an hour, and train. If I eat after a workout, I eat a moderately large meal (but not to fulness). More details further down.

Power snack - I take this if I had a moderate sized meal. The power snack usually consists of 4 Greek yogurts with fruit on the bottom and 2 16-oz servings of organic soy milk.

My daily caloric intake usually hovers around 3,000

My daily protein intake in grams usually hovers around 150

One of my personal favorite dinners is a salad with eggs, cheese, and a variety of colors (leafy greens, tomatoes, olives, cucumbers etc). This is a very cost effective option if you source locally grown vegetables. Other favorites include vegetarian options at Mexican restaurants. Even some burger joints have vegetarian options that include black bean burgers and other fun stuff. If you're a vegetarian / vegan, just see what's available around you, and ask if the kitchen is willing to suit to personal taste. Legumes (which include beans, peas, and lentils) tend to be high in protein, so even vegetarian options can help you build muscle (as long as you're training and recovering properly as well, of course!)

I normally eat a moderate dinner just after coaching, then wait an hour and get my own workout in. When I eat a large dinner, it's always after I've done all of my physical activity for the day, except for a bit of very light walking to help clear the mind and body. After I get home the only other nutritional intake will be milk (dairy or soy).

I don't take in any kind of protein powder because that stuff's a phenomenal waste of money. The two keys to building muscle without spending a fortune are to eat enough good, healthy food to support your active lifestyle and goals, and to engage in regular, intense, well planned strength training.

Read this article for the benefits of an intermittent fasting protocol - http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/06/14/intermittent-fasting-longevity.aspx


The author is a certified progressive calisthenics instructor with over 10 years of experience in martial arts and strength training modalities. Visit his PCC instructor page for more information on his qualifications or to get in touch with him -

http://www.dragondoor.com/owen_johnston/

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Owen_Johnston/14327